Frequently Asked Questions

What shall I do if I buy a horse with a Horse Passport Agency passport?

The change in ownership is the new owner's responsibility, which has to be report within 30 days of the purchase date. Change of ownership should be notified to the organisation that has issued the passport.

If the passport was issued by the Horse Passport Agency you can do this on-line without having to post the passport to us. Over 85% are now done this way using Owner Services.

If you don't wish to do this on-line you need to request a change of ownership form. Once you have received and completed the form then post it, the passport and the fee to us at Horse Passport Agency, PO Box 74, Ellesmere, SY12 2AD.

Remember to:

1. Weigh the passport.
2. Photocopy the front and back page and all vaccinations.
3. Send it by Recorded or Special Delivery and include a pre-paid envelope if you wish it to be returned the same way.

Be aware that you may well be without the passport for up to 28 days. Please look at the fees section on the website for this year's fees.

Back to Questions