Frequently Asked Questions

I am the permanent keeper of a horse for example "On Loan" am I responsible for obtaining the passport?

No. It is the responsibility of the horse owner to obtain a passport. If a horse is on permanent loan, the keeper should hold the passport. The "keeper" means a person who is not the owner of a horse but is appointed by the owner to have day-to-day charge of that horse. There is no minimum age limit for applying for a horse passport but if you are under 18 we will require signature and conrtact details of a parent or guardian. If you would like us to send either you or the owner a Horse Passport Agency passport application form then we can put one in the post.

Back to Questions